Teeth Whitening: Do's and Don'ts
Posted by DISCOUNT DENTAL on Feb 25 2022, 06:29 AM
Teeth Whitening is a dental treatment that helps patients achieve bright and radiant teeth. It removes the stains and discoloration on the teeth, which enhances the aesthetic appearance of the patient. At Discount Dental, the expert dentists help you regain pearly white teeth.
What Causes Teeth Discoloration?
There are several reasons people may have discolored teeth, a few of which have been listed below.
- Smoking is a damaging habit that causes various dental problems. Tobacco contains nicotine and tar, which leaves stains on the teeth.
- Food and beverages that contains artificial color cause discoloration on the teeth.
- Poor Dental Hygiene makes the teeth look yellowish.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
- Teeth whitening restores the aesthetic of the patient's smile.
- It promotes the patient's self-esteem and confidence regarding their appearance.
- The procedure is non-invasive and does not cause bleeding.
- It is a cost-effective procedure that provides better results.
- Teeth Whitening promotes the overall dental hygiene of the patient.
Do's and DontsDo's
- Dentists advise patients to practice good dental hygiene. Brushing and flossing the teeth regularly helps remove plaque and tartar from the teeth.
- Include crunchy vegetables and fruits in the diet. Chewing on vegetables like carrots helps to remove the stains on the teeth.
- Brushing the teeth with whitening toothpaste help to wash out the discoloration on the teeth caused by the consumption of colored food.
- Rinse the mouth thoroughly after each meal. It helps to remove the stains on the teeth caused by the consumption of food.
- Avoid damaging habits like smoking as tobacco contains tar which leaves a hard stain on the teeth, to maintain whitened teeth.
- Keep away from food and beverages that contain artificial colors as it stains the whitened teeth. Dentists advise that patients use straws to consume drinks that contain artificial colors.
- Avoid consumption of acidic food as it damages the enamel of the teeth. Soda and carbonated drinks also affect the color of the teeth and make them look dull.
- Visit the Dentist
- Expert dentists can help provide the best results to the patient through teeth whitening procedures.
Discount Dental, located in Pasco, WA, is equipped with the latest amenities and modern technologies that enable the best dental care facilities for patients. Dial (509) 212-9227 and book an appointment with the dentist to know more about teeth whitening and other dental services provided at the dentistry.