Partial dentures are used to replace a few missing teeth in either the upper or lower jaw. Partial dentures are a wonderful alternative if you still have some natural teeth. Discount Dental in Pasco, WA provides partial denture options to help our customers reclaim their smiles and dental functioning.
What Are Partial Dentures?
Partial dentures might be an excellent solution for dental patients who still have several robust and healthy teeth. They are made consisting of a metal framework that holds the replacement teeth in place and is held in place by the remaining natural teeth. They must be removed before going to bed and soaked overnight in a denture cleaning solution.
When Should You Get a Partial Denture?
Partial dentures are frequently required if you have lost some teeth as a result of:
- Severe tooth decay
- Gum disease
- An injury to the face or jaw
- Extraction of teeth
- Inadequate dental care and natural aging
How Do I Get Partial Dentures?
The partial dentures cannot be attached to teeth that are at risk of falling out owing to decay or oral infection. As a result, the remaining teeth of the patient that will serve as anchor teeth for the partial denture must be as healthy as feasible. If any of your teeth are decayed, our dentists may advise you to have them extracted.
After your anchoring teeth are checked for health, impressions of your oral cavity are obtained to prepare the partial denture. The tailored dentures are then manufactured by the lab, and the shade of the prosthetic teeth is color-matched to that of the patient's existing teeth. When the dentures are finished, you can try them on and let us know if any areas are rough or need to be modified.
Benefits of Partial Dentures
- Prosthetic teeth for partial dentures are made of dental-grade ceramic material. It is extremely durable and can be modified to look exactly like natural teeth.
- Because they are custom-made, partials provide a superb fit. Because they fit precisely alongside the existing natural teeth, the prosthetic teeth would cause no discomfort.
- Partial dentures allow you to keep your natural teeth.
- Partial dentures restore oral functionality by allowing you to bite and chew food as you would if you still had all of your teeth.
If you are interested in learning more about partial denture and its benefits, visit our office, Discount Dental, at 2735 W Court St, Pasco, WA 99301. You can also reach us at (509) 212-9227 and schedule an appointment.